Through prevention, intervention, and connection, Lifeways partners with schools and communities to inspire and equip students to be healthy and substance free.
Youth Empowered to be Substance Free!
- We value and know the key to human connection is effective communication which includes listening with compassion and empathy.
- We believe in working with integrity and trustworthiness (doing the right thing even when no one is watching).
- We are a professional, effective and efficient organization that utilizes evidence based and new promising practices in the prevention, intervention and treatment field.
- As substance abuse professionals we work diligently to prevent and intervene in adolescent substance use.
- We value strategies that support and ensure our young people receive critical “life” knowledge and skills.
- We value our partnerships in the community in which we strive together for a drug free environment for our youth.
Established in 2003, Lifeways is a South Dakota 501(c)3 non-profit. We are the only program in Rapid City and Custer that have adolescent addiction counselors with offices directly in the schools. We partner with the State, Schools and City to PIC students over addiction through Prevention, Intervention and Connection.